MARTIN (November 17) – Several Weakley County students have been awarded scholarships to attend the University of Tennessee at Martin, according to Dr. James Mantooth, executive director, Office of Enrollment Services and Student Engagement.
For the 2021-2022 academic year:
* Davin Merritt, of Martin, son of LeAnne Merritt, is a sophomore. He received the Parker Agricultural Scholarship, the Martin Rotary E. B. Pritchett Scholarship and the Achieve Scholarship.
For the 2022-2023 academic year:
* Hunter Henson, of Martin, son of Timothy and Angella Henson, will be a freshman. He received the Excellence Scholarship.
* Thor Hollingsworth, of Martin, son of Brian Hollingsworth and Melodie Gillom, will be a freshman. He received the Deans Scholarship.
* Bryce McGuffin, of Martin, son of Kurt and Jessica McGuffin, will be a freshman. He received the Achieve Scholarship.
* Anna Smith, of Dresden, daughter of Amanda Bowers and Brad Smith, will be a freshman. She received the Excellence Scholarship.
Additional information on scholarships and other types of financial assistance is available by contacting the UT Martin Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, 205 Hall-Moody Administration Building, Martin, TN, 38238, or by calling (731) 881-7040.