A fuel leak at a Martin convenience store was briefly a cause for alarm, but disaster was avoided and no injuries or damage resulted from the incident.
As a result, three firefighters and a ladder truck were dispatched to the local convenience store.
The firefighters discovered that fuel was leaking due to a ruptured gas pump hose.
The pump was shut off and the leak was stopped, then chemicals were used to absorb the spilled gasoline.
(See complete story in the May 29th issue of the Dresden Enterprise.)